YouTube Video Demo
Phoenix Deck | Poker Size
Phoenix Deck | Poker Size
Printed at US Playing Cards on Bicycle cardstock, cut in the traditional way (face up) for easy shuffles, faros, better handling.
The Phoenix Deck uses the standard faces of Bicycle playing cards but takes them a step further for professional magicians. With large format aces a better visibility is guaranteed even on greater distances,
This deck is intended to be the pro magician's working horse for a very reasonable price.
What Card Shark's Says about The Phoenix Deck Project
"The Phoenix Deck is not another deck in the long list of fancy decks that flooded the magic community over the past few years. Nothing against any decks from Ellusionist, Theory11 or others, they look cool and interesting and they find their card collectors, but I did not want to invent "another fancy deck". In my opinion these decks are not usable for everyday magic as they look so unusual that they will easily arouse suspicion. At least lay people will always be more aware of "trick cards", even if the cards have no built-in features.
"That is why the Phoenix deck does not look too modern or extraordinary, as it should not look too suspicious for lay audiences.
"The name of the Phoenix Deck is given by the mythical sacred firebird. It has a 500 to 1,000 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of myrrh twigs that then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again. The new phoenix is destined to live as long as its old self. (Wouldn?t it be a great story to start with to do a torn-and-restore card trick?)
"The Phoenix Deck is an alternative to the often used Bicycle Deck, both are printed at US Playing Card Company. The standard Phoenix Deck is just the beginning of a whole new era for card magic. The best way to describe the difference of these two decks:
"The Bicycle Deck is made for Poker players and is used for magic, whereas the Phoenix Deck is made especially for magicians but can also be used for Poker playing.
"In the last few years the limitations of the Bicycle Deck got more and more obvious as the politics of US Playing Card Company changed dramatically for us magicians:
- no more trick cards where the back design, Joker or Ace of Spades will be changed.
- no more Jumbo decks
- no more blank cards, double backers or double facers stocked at USPC
- no more marked decks, Twilight Angels etc.
- new card case design that does not show the card back on the back of the card case, also the used colors have changed
"Even if we think that magic is the most important thing in the world, people outside of our community think quite different.
"This is why I started the Phoenix Deck project, as a magician for magicians and their needs."
Key features of the standard Phoenix Decks
- printed at US Playing card company on Bicycle card stock, with air-cushion finish, so the cards have the well-known Bicycle quality
- the decks are cut in the traditional way like the top notch Richard Turner Decks
- the new deck order is optimized for the Tamariz Stack, you can immediately start the necessary faros to get into the stack
- Phoenix faces and Bicycle faces are identical with a few exceptions
- the Ace of Spades is pretty close to the Bicycle Ace of Spades
- all other Aces are specially designed for better visibility. Fine details make them beautiful for close-up performances also, these fine details blur out on distance and will get invisible on stage.
- the back design is modern and classy, not too fancy to draw suspicion
- the back design has a very visible but pretty well hidden one-way marking
- the backs where especially designed to hide additional information in the gaffed cards
- the Phoenix card case uses the traditional layout of the Bicycle card case, also there are NO tricks or information on the card case that the cards are optimized for magicians. So you are able to leave the cards on the table after your performance as a souvenir for your audience.
- if you cannot find your well-loved gaff card in our portfolio, we can easily custom print them for you.
- for professional magicians: We offer special deals for print your business card on the blank faces of the Phoenix Deck, just contact us for more details
- the faces have a built-in feature that you have to find out by yourself. If you are a good magician you will find it and can make use out of it.
- a lot of trick cards are already available like blank cards and double backers, marked decks and trick sets, more will come soon.
- also the most common trick decks are available like Brainwave Deck, Invisible Deck, Stripper and Svengali Deck
- 1 Standard Phoenix Deck
No posts found